In order to purchase a property in Thailand, a title deed search should be performed. It is very important because there are a number of different title deeds in Thailand with most of them having a very limited number of rights.
A basic due diligence and checking the title deed and other relevant documents of the land must be done in order to ensure that:
• The title document is in order
• The seller or developer has ownership rights
• The property is free from any mortgages and the further encumbrances
• The percentage of foreigner ownership in a building does not exceed the legally permitted 49%
• There are no restrictions on the development of the land
The title search report will give the exact description of the land or property, exact dimensions of the land, type of title deed, and the title’s history for all previous and current owners.